Full Services Co-Sourcing
The traditional sourcing model has been transformed by HCL to enable customers to experience higher control and higher P&L impact in a new sourcing model - that is asset light, comprehensive and collaborative. At HCL, it is “Full Service Co-Sourcing”.
CIOs today have complex challenges of working on multi-dimensional strategies to ensure IT solutions delivery including managing risk, compliance, architecture and ever-changing technologies.
The fundamental goal today is to maximize ROI across the spectrum of CIO's portfolio, and at the same time, ensure that the IT strategy is powerfully aligned to the overall organization's business strategy. To this objective, some organizations have been trying a ‘Total-IT outsourcing’ model - which is the broadest ever tried Model wherein the client companies effectively hand off the entire IT department to the service provider. This is to derive the benefits of high cost impact, defocusing from the non-core activities, flexibility, and exposure to new technologies. It helps organizations to:
- Reduce overall IT Expenditure on current YOY basis
- Achieve operational excellence across IT Services Portfolio
- Business Value & Strategic Leadership of IT
- Thought leadership from Outsourcing Provider
At the same time, it has associated disadvantages of losing control, lack of innovation and cultural & people issues.
In the changing scenarios, market economics indicates that traditional Total IT Out-Souring (TOS) models would not work and a new and desired shape of TOS model has evolved where the IT providers take the ownership of business innovation and vendor takes charge of Operations Innovation. The ideal TOS model will maximise both P&L Impact as well as control for the customer. The new model requires a collaborative engagement between customers and service providers, especially for planning and designing future IT-based business strategies.
At HCL, we do not ignore these criticalities. With our multiple transformational engagements experience, involving the entire IT stack, we have developed an in-depth understanding of CIO’s requirements as well as unique business challenges an outsourcing environment throws.
We hence work towards:
- Achieving Business-IT alignment through a collaborative approach of a Portfolio Management Board
- Rationalizing and optimizing the enterprise application portfolio in-line with the business demand
- Minimizing sourcing risks; thus, attain better control, higher visibility and transparency on IT budget
- Increasing P&L impact and accelerate cost savings
- Attaining business & operation innovation through a focused transformational approach
- Reducing IT intensity, yet increasing IT maturity
At HCL, we call it Full Service Co-Sourcing. It is our transformational sourcing model for forward looking customers to enable higher control while keeping it asset light and service focused. Today HCL leads the Indian IT Industry in large transformational engagements - not just from ‘winning deals’ perspective but also from ‘execution experience’ perspective.Business Benefits
HCL’s Full Service Co-Sourcing model can help achieve customers:
- Outsourcing Clarity
- Quality Governance
- Optimised Controls
- Seamless Transition
- IT Project Visibility and productivity
- IT Resilience
- Real time visibility and risk management
- Application Performance Improvement
- Improved End User satisfaction
- Partner not vendor
- Enterprise wide sourcing strategy
- Focus on core - Business and IT alignment
- Minimised Sourcing Risk
- Accelerated P&L Impact
- Reduced IT Intensity - increased IT maturity